The Ten Things I Want to Tell the 23 year-old on Tinder (& Anyone else who Wants Love) via the Elephant Journal website. By my awesome friend Lisa Beeler!
• These are great tips for dating, or just finding love and loving yourself in general. Lisa is a friend I can always count on for solid advice, and to help keep things in a fun, positive light.
11 First Date Tips That Are Actually Useful [From Her] via the Mantelligence website. By Courtney Gilliam.
• Just some simple, solid advice in case you’re a bit clueless, or need a refresher to get back on your game.
Can We Fuck the Person We Love? via the Elephant Journal website. By Kate Rose.
• Obviously, I’m not worried about my family viewing this site. Haha. But, I’m really glad I came across this article and that someone had the courage to talk about it. It’s something that I’ve struggled with a lot just because I used to associate f*cking with random hookups, and I didn’t want people I loved to feel random or disrespected. At the same time, I always felt that a deeper love would allow the space for making love, sex, and f*cking so long as the two people involved were comfortable enough in themselves and each other to do so.
How to Unhook from an Emotionally Unavailable Partner by Kara Leah via the Elephant Journal website.
• Not sure there’s much ‘how to’ in this article, but it is highly relatable. As such, I think each reader can recognize and draw their own how to’s from it as they reflect on their personal relationships.
The Secret Language of Hugs by Zoë Kors via the Elephant Journal website.
• I just love hugs. Two arms, not that one arm shit. Probably the thing I miss the most about my dad are his hugs. He would squeeze us so tightly for what seemed like the longest time. Not because he was trying to embarrass us but because he loved us so much. It was kinda awkward as a child because I didn’t know how to receive a hug and be a badass at the same time, but I’d take one of those hugs over just about anything now.
Dating a Man, Not a Boy: What Grown-Up Love Looks Like by Alex Myles via the Elephant Journal website.
• I can tell you there is a monumental difference in the boy I was in relationships and the man I am in them now. But even as a ‘man’ I have only just begun to practice the grown-up love that author Alex Myles refers to in this article. It’s a hard thing to do – to love. Thankfully, I am not alone in that struggle. Although I am happy with how far I have come and with who I am now, I look forward to having this grown-up love one day.
When I Say I Love You, This is What I Mean by Ben Neal via the Elephant Journal website.
• I don’t now, but I hope to feel and fail (miserably) to say all these things one day. When I do, this is what I’ll mean.